1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to find out the truth about cables

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by alwyn, Oct 21, 2004.

1. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    For a complete and instructive explanation of the true value of those exotic and expensive cables in laymans terms go to www.bluejeanscable.com
    I have spent thousands of pound in the past on cables but not anymore.These people produce cable at very modest prices that will make any hi fi or av set up sing

2. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Although there is some good information on that site and I happen to agree with most of the conclusions it's hard to read it as objective given it advocates the use of exactly the kind of cables they sell.

I am very pleased with BJC's products but their customer service has not impressed me, more to come in the thread I started once my next order comes in.

3. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    What they are saying is that you do not have to spend a lot of money to get the best results.And their cables prove it.I can give an example. They made me a digital xlr balanced cable it cost £20 I used it to gether with a Kimiber cable that cost £570.Both were used on a Mark levinson dac that had two XLR outputs so I was ablr to do a/b tests,result no difference whatsoever,and that is what they are pointing out.As for poor service,well last friday evening I orderd three pairs of balanced interconnects from them,and I received them first post tuesday morning.is that poor service?

4. Daneel

Daneel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    In my case it is their non-response to emails, one instance of bad and one of good service does not make a good or bad supplier. I wasn't saying they are generally bad, just that in my case things have not gone as well as they might have. I'll put my thoughts in the thread I started about it when I placed my 1st order.

As for your cable experience, I can't say I'm surprised there was no difference. All I was pointing out was that it is hard to see their articles/explanations as objective.

5. alwyn

alwyn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    T he reason you sometimes do not get a quick reply,is that they are only there certain days,it is only a part time job for them,thats what they told me some time ago.

6. Knightshade

Knightshade

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    The old cable thing again huh?
    Alwyn you can prove one thing I can prove another! I can tell the difference between cables on high end kit. Not all but some.
    I think there is more at question here than just cables. Different kit exudes different characteristics. As do cables although possibly to a lesser degree.
    I don't think there is a single generic cable that sounds the same with all kit. Also what sounds good to you may not be so good to me.
    I have found even with speaker cable there has been a difference.
    Just trying to balance the sides here.....:)