How to find my iPhone passcode

kah22

Established Member
Reaction score
How to find my iPhone passcode

I’m trying to set up my friends new iPhone 8 Plus from her iPhone 6s using the automatic setup. The procedure seems easy enough until I reach the request for the passcode, then it’s BLANK. It’s been that long since she’s had the phone that neither of us have a clue what the passcode is. Indeed if the phone could have been set up without a passcode I doubt if she ever set it up!

Anyway how do I find that passcode. I don’t want to mess around to much in case the new phone locks!

As always many thanks for your help.

Kevin

Unfortunately the passcode can only be found in your friend’s head, if they’ve forgotten what they set you’ll have to erase the iPhone and set up as new, hopefully you have a backup?

Upvote 0
Everything solved. We went through several and bingo found the correct one 🤓

The iPhone is now up and running

Upvote 0
Great, that’s always the easiest solution to forgetting a password…….. remembering it! Haha

what I would suggest now is that your friend changes the password to something more memorable, so things like this don’t happen again, anyway she’s got an iPhone with finger print unlock, she can setup her finger print so she will only ever need a passcode occasionally, if the phone is restarted, or sometimes downloading apps for the first time etc

Upvote 0
Great, that’s always the easiest solution to forgetting a password…….. remembering it! Haha

what I would suggest now is that your friend changes the password to something more memorable, so things like this don’t happen again, anyway she’s got an iPhone with finger print unlock, she can setup her finger print so she will only ever need a passcode occasionally, if the phone is restarted, or sometimes downloading apps for the first time etc
It obviously is memorable, because she remembered it :)
And I'm not sure of the logic of your advice. The best way to remember a password is to have to keep using it.

Upvote 0

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom