• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to find a funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synax_Injector

Hey,

When I wasn't working last year, I met a guy down the park who adopted a lovely curly coated retriever dog.
For the past year we we'd meet up, walk the dogs and chat rubbish (as you do).

Got to know each other over the past year, he had a few problems, he had skitzafrenia (sp) and sometimes just basically argued with himself.

I thought the other day, I hadn't seen him for a little while and then today someone told me.

The lady in the flat next to his hadn't seen him for 3 days, and there was a strange smell coming from the flat, she called the police and they found his body.

He hasn't got many friends or family, so I'd very much like to go to his funeral and say goodbye, does anyone know how I can find out the funeral details?
I know his first name and the road he lived down.

I've phoned 4 local funeral directors and no one says they're doing a service for anyone down that road or that name, so I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

I'm also trying to locate his dog who has been put in to a dog rescue home, problem is my mum won't let me have another dog which is gutting, but I'd still like to say goodbye to the dog and hopefully see him well.

Thanks

Dave

Distinguished Member
Try phoning your local police, they will have a record of which undertaker collected the body.

Dave

Distinguished Member
There should be a local help desk, ask to be put through to that and speak to a human being. Just explain the situation and they should be able to help you.

If the police attended they will definitely know who the undertaker is.

Synax_Injector

Cheers mate but it's not,

He was called Neil, He lived down Normanston Drive in Lowestoft and was about 40 years old.

I hope mods allow me to put that info up.

prakb

If the guy had no next of kin or no-one was taking responsibilty for the funeral then the local authority arranges a paupers funeral, i remember reading a feature on bbc news magazine about this. Why not try social services?

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
You could try this e-mail address.

A call to the coroner's office on the number in that last link may be productive as I think any sudden or unexplained death has to go through them.

Synax_Injector

I'm at work all week now so won't have time to ring around places as they'll be closed by the time I leave/get back in so will have to ask my mum to phone for me.

Been looking online, can't really find anything there.

Synax_Injector

You could try this e-mail address.

A call to the coroner's office on the number in that last link may be productive as I think any sudden or unexplained death has to go through them.

Cheers for that, I think that's who I left a voicemail with earlier today as they were closed when I called, hopefully they'll leave a message for me tomorrow :thumbsup:

Would it be worth visiting my local police station and asking in person?

Synax_Injector

Thanks all, got through to the local police corinors office who told us that the co-op in essex is doing his funeral.

Gave them a call and turns out they are doing it, was horrible hearing that he's going to be cremated as it hadn't really hit me.

It's a 110 mile trip there, but i've got to say goodbye, can't believe the last time I spoke to him we ended it on;

"Anyway i'm off m8 it's freezing" (me)

"Cya mate, c'mon big dog" - he has/had a big dog

I can't believe that that's the end, i'll never see him again, it's gutting :(

At least I can go say goodbye, have booked the day off work.

Hitby

As above, it's really good of you to go mate. It's strange how people you don't really know can touch your life. I'm sure he'd appreciate you attending :thumbsup:

Dave Weystoner

It's great that you care - I wish there were more people like you around. You may miss him now, but that fact that you called him a friend will stay with you and it will become a nugget of comfort over the years that you you did right by him.

Good luck with the funeral, and work on your mum about the dog.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom