• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to Enter Game Console Using Netbook

marathondon

Standard Member
I installed American McGee's Alice on an Acer Aspire One 150AOA and the game appears to work. My problem is entering the game console mode which is typically done by hitting the ~ key. I wanted the ability to enter cheat codes and enter the screen resolution. Hitting the ~ key doesn't appear to do anything on my netbook. The Alice game uses the same engine as Quake 3. Has anyone else noticed this occurrence and if so do you know of a workaround? I just want to determine if it is the netbook design that is restricting the ability to enter the game console mode.:confused:

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Came across this it might help.
American McGee's Alice
To use these cheat codes, you must first go into the "Settings" menu. From there, choose "Game Options" and click on the box next to "Console".

While in game, press the "~" key to bring up the console, and then enter one of the following codes:

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
rebind the key. In ut2k4 i have it bound to a G-Key :)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom