1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to enable the PIP for Samsung 42" Plasma [model: SP-P4231]

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by microphone, Dec 3, 2004.

1. microphone

microphone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having a hard time trying to enable the PIP option in the onscreen menu. Currently, it is set to off and I can't select the ON option. I have my cable going from the wall directly into my tv and my vcr is connect to my video input. Shouldn't that work?

Thanks for the help!!

2. pbrep1

pbrep1
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First thing to check is if the V Chip lock is set to "on". Press MENU button on remote and use up/down arrows to go to "SETUP" then press "ENTER". Arrow up or down to "V CHIP" then press ENTER. YOU Will have to enter your 4 digit PIN number. The V CHIP menu should appear. To disabe it use arrow buttons to make sure it's set to OFF. Press MENU to save then press it again to exit. Then press MENU and go to PICTURE press ENTER then navigate to PIP press ENTER then use arrow button to turn PIP on and the PIP image should appear in a corner of the screen if you have the second source for the screen picked under SOURCE on the PIP menu and that device is turned on or you should just see a dark screen if device is off. Try turning on the second device and you should see an image from it in that small screen in the corner. Within the PIP menu are options to swap the screens, position of second screen, Pip size and more. If you have the manual all this information is in there.
    I hope that helos

3. noiseboy72

noiseboy72

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +886
    Blimey! 11 years later!!

Hopefully it's long since been sorted...