1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to enable RGB on Philips 9528

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by gremalkin, Dec 13, 2004.

1. gremalkin

gremalkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello - Have connected my panny DVD-S75 to a Philips 32PW9528 via SCART to one of the RGB enabled inputs on the television. DVD is set in the menu to output RGB - but how do I tell the television that RGB is to be used on a given input?
    Does the TV detect the RGB signal automatically or is there a menu setting I need to enable?
    TV Manual is completely useless, as is Philips website.
    Can anyone help me?

2. Zacabeb

Zacabeb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    It is probably built to automatically switch to RGB if it detects its presence. You should be able to see what type of signal you're getting in the on-screen info if you press the i+ button.

3. Alan D

Alan D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, the (i+) button should tell you what channel or input you are watching including RGB. It'll say either RGB or CVBS (composite).

4. gremalkin

gremalkin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks to Zacabeb and Alan D, I have got the RGB thing sorted. I had to use EXT1 (looks like EXT3 will not recognise RGB). Standard SCART lead between EXT1 and DVD output, i+ button showed that it was using RGB. Fantastic. Thanks!
    If I wanted to try component, do I need a special adaptor lead to take the three phono outs of the DVD into a SCART plug?