• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to enable optical SKy +

darrensen

Established Member
Hi all,

Just got myself some optical cables and wondered how i enable optical. Thought it was plug n play?

Have been running the Red and White phono to 3.5mm jack, that worked fine.

Can anyone help please?

askpackers

Established Member
Hi, it should be the only setting in the sky box for the optical is either Stero or Dolby Digital out. If you set it to DD then the amp must be able to decode this signal.

Stevenage Neil

Distinguished Member
If turned on, set to DD, the optical output will still output normal Stereo, (Pro logic), on non DD programmes. A decent AV amp will automatically switch.
I have used the optical output, solely, for the past 4 years.

Neil

nickers

Established Member
i rarely got any DD from my sky+ box turns out they barely broadcast anything in DD i was especially ****** with the fact i didn't get dd with box office movies only occasionally on the movie channels:mad:

please don't circumvent the swear filter . let it do its job or use :censored:
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Downinja

Distinguished Member
Ah thanks for that.
I dont have the movie channels so I wont bother. I connected it up ages ago but never found anything in DD, so that explains it.

Well balls, no wonder I couldn't get it in DD, sure that I saw programs with the DD flag in the planner that weren't on Movies or DC must be going daft.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom