How to empty folders....

DustySox

Hi,

Using WMC, with Vista. I know how to watch/stop watching folders. But, how do you "empty" all music/picture etc folders, so as to start again.

I can't seem to clear all folders, and then go in again to add music/pictures? I guess what I want to do is delete database, so as I can add again.

Any thoughts?

Regards

Ex Xlobby appprentice!!

danpep

Standard Member
Open Windows Media Player. Mke sure you unselect "Delete files from computer when deleted from library" in Tools/Options...

Then highlight all your music and hit Delete.

DustySox

Open Windows Media Player. Mke sure you unselect "Delete files from computer when deleted from library" in Tools/Options...

Then highlight all your music and hit Delete.

Thanks for the heads up.

Any ideas on how to do the same with pictures?

Me

danpep

Standard Member
I don't think pictures are cached in the same way as music. Move the files out of your watched folder and they should disappear from MCE.

DustySox

I don't think pictures are cached in the same way as music. Move the files out of your watched folder and they should disappear from MCE.

That's what I'm finding strange.

In library, I have told MCE to stop watching "relavent" folders ie taking tick out of box. Then when I go back into pictures, they are all still there.

Confused?

Any ideas?

Me

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom