How to dispose of damaged Monitor Audio BR5s

Hamslay

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'd like a bit of advice. I have some black BR5s like these: BR5

Through my own stupidity of letting my teenage son use my speakers to listen to his rap music, I've got a damaged woofer on one speaker. Monitor Audio don't have stock of the required part, so I've purchased new floor standing speakers and the old pair is in the corner of the room.

I'd hate to put good condition speakers in landfill because one of six drivers is broken. Also, if someone else is missing one or two units I'd rather help them out too.

What would you recommend? Try to sell the speakers "for repair", take the working drivers out and try to ebay them, or just accept that they're damaged and take them to the dump?

Facebook Marketplace is becoming popular. Classifieds on here as well. Gumtree but this has a bit if a reputation so transfer in person (for cash ?), but probably no better/worse than ebay or FB marketplace. or just Ebay for parts/repair. A few options.

If MA no longer stock the drive units you may do better selling the working drive units individually rather than as a faulty set of speakers. Depends if the potential extra money is worth your time I guess.

Just done a liitle reply on my mission speakers Hamslay. I don't know how badly damaged yours are but mine were cracking, even splitting caused by my central heating and after a chat with some local hifi buffs iput a couple of coats of polyurethane varnish on the woofers and it works a treat. give it a go you've got nothing to lose.

Just sold a pair of damaged Wharfedale Evo 30's (blown tweeter) for £20 on Gumtree, would have cost me £20 to get them collected for the dump.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom