• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

How to display the next slide or your notes on a Keynote presentation

Stampax

So if i'm presenting a Keynote presentation is it possible (I'm pretty sure I have seen others doing this) to show on my laptop which slide is coming up next (maybe half the screen with the current one, and half with the next), whilst the presentation on the projector shows the current slide full screen.

And is it possible (not sure about this) to have my screen show my notes, whilst the projected presentation shows it without.

Any help much appreciated :)

Inotrope

Dead easy.

To try it and configure without two displays try menu options Play/Rehearse and Play/Configure presenter display.

If you are feeling very cool, try the iPhone Keynote app to achieve a similar result.

The help video Tenex suggests has all the necessary.

Stampax

Dead easy.

To try it and configure without two displays try menu options Play/Rehearse and Play/Configure presenter display.

If you are feeling very cool, try the iPhone Keynote app to achieve a similar result.

The help video Tenex suggests has all the necessary.
Would really love to use the iphone keynote app but the wireless connection at work is flakey - when (if) they eventually allow it to connect by bluetooth then I'll be able to make use of it!

gasman1

Novice Member
You can set your laptop and iPhone up in a small wireless group (airport utility from the laptop) then control that way.

Stampax

You can set your laptop and iPhone up in a small wireless group (airport utility from the laptop) then control that way.
Ooooh, am looking at the guide now, but can i get this straight then - i can connect my iphone to my macbook, without any need at all to use the wireless network? So they can do this even if there is no wireless network available?
If so - excellent! Does it keep the connection, or do i need to set it up again and again?

gasman1

Novice Member
Once youve setup and saved the settings it will be available just like any other network option when you're near the macbook.
Use the linked guide, then download the keynote app for your iphone, job done.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom