How to disable samsung universal remote ?

vialli

Novice Member
Hi
When i turn on my samsung tv using the samsung remote it turns on my sony av receiver at the same time which is all well and good but for "normal" i just use the internal tv speaker .I tried turning off anytime + hdmi cec but it just mutes the receiver.Cant find anywhere in the menus to disable individual devices.So any idea how to stop the samsung remote controlling external devices without turning off anytime + hdmi cec ?

notengo13

Hi
When i turn on my samsung tv using the samsung remote it turns on my sony av receiver at the same time which is all well and good but for "normal" i just use the internal tv speaker .I tried turning off anytime + hdmi cec but it just mutes the receiver.Cant find anywhere in the menus to disable individual devices.So any idea how to stop the samsung remote controlling external devices without turning off anytime + hdmi cec ?
Turn off also hdmi-cec on your Reciver

vialli

Novice Member
Working around it by having the receiver on a smart plug and controlling it using an app and turning it off at the mains if i just want to use tv speaker.

notengo13

If you turn off hdmi-cec on your Reciver you will loose possibility to control your AVR with only one remote control and turn on/off when you turn on/off your TV/tv box etc... other function are still working.

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom