Question How to disable built-in freeview

Jamesking56

Novice Member
Reaction score
I wish to disable the built-in analogue and digital TV on an LG 32LD450 TV.

You may ask why? It's for an elderly person, he uses Sky on input AV1 but keeps accidentally knocking it over to the built-in TV and can't get back (forcing me to keep having to visit and change it back over). What options do I have to force him to stay on input AV1?

I've tried holding menu on both TV and remote. I've tried holding OK on both TV and remote as suggested on different Google results to try and put the TV into 'Hotel mode' but no menus appear.

I assume they are just using the Sky TV control - to switch the TV on/off etc ? If so you could try experiment with different sky control codes for similar models as you may find one that does the volume / power but doesn't change the input / mode.

Otherwise you could maybe look for logitech programmable remote, maybe even second hand. You can then program it so that it only allows power / volume to be changed on the TV.

How about unplugging the aerial from the TV. Then he won't get the freeview channels and get confused whether he's watching Sky or Freeview. He'll know if he's not on Sky as he won't get any TV from the TV.

then I'd leave step by step instructions on how to fix things by returning to Sky.

Of course, the logitech remote is a very good idea, you can set the steps required as a macro so he can then press a button and it "turns itself" back to the Sky input.

Connect and tune the sky box built in or added rf modulator (IO link). Tune the TV to it (analogue tuner) , delete all the TV digital channels, assuming the TV like most will choose the last used channel. He will watch still watch Sky even if he switches to the TV tuner.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom