How to cure intermittent internet connection

kazino21

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am having problems with the internet connection with my sky broadband router. The actual wifi signal is not dropped but from time to time (I'm talking every 5 minutes, very very annoying) the internet through my web browser will come up with the page load error - address not found. This will last for a variable amount of time usually around a minute and I will have to keep retrying the webpage until the internet connection returns.

This is the same on all the computers in the house - 1 main desktop computer and 2 laptops.

What could I try to solve the problem please?

Thanks in advance

hi i had very similar problems with my sky router the white netgear one .(forgot model number) I now have mine attached to a timer socket and for 30 mins each night the router switches off as such its a lot more stable and i have had no problems for nearly six months! Try this yourself turn off each morning or night and see if it affects your problems !

All via wifi and using MAC address filtering for them for my iphone on the wifi too

if the internet light on the router goes to abmer for about 10 to 20 seconds then i would say the router is on its way out. i had the same problem and they told me it was the router that was knackered and they sent me through a new black sagam after doing all the normal checks as in which socket and the normal blurg.

I had very slow internet and constant disconnections after having Sky installed. In desperation I used a filter where the Sky telephone lead plugged into a BT socket and normality returned.

The latest video from AVForums

Quality vs. Convenience: How do you consume your movies & TV shows?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom