1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to create a dvd?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Anchovy Front, Nov 19, 2003.

1. Anchovy Front

Anchovy Front

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If I sound completely stupid, it's because I feel like I am when it comes to world of the camcorder. It's an alien world to me, because after wanting one for so long I have just purchased my first one and have even managed to film a couple of minutes and play it back on my telly! This is an achievement believe me! :clap:

Maybe I am being over ambitious when I say that I would like to maybe edit my shots on the pc and make up a little dvd. However on reading one or two threads it seems that most people if not all here know an AVI from a Euroconnector and I am struggling to keep up!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a really easy to follow layman's guide to using my camcorder (Sony TRV14) so I can get the best out of it? I'm not looking to be very clever with it, just basic stuff and being able to produce some general holiday scenes that I can send to my friends and family.

Thanks!

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats a big bullet you've fired there Anchovy, which is propably why nobody has answered you yet, I would suggest that first you read all the posts in Forums such as this (there are also several other very good forums around the net). Subscribe to a monthly magazine such as 'Camcorder User'. Then come back and ask simple little questions one at a time so that people will feel they are able to give sensible answers, most of all don't be afraid to ask even the most basic of questions, we all had to start somewhere and I for one am very glad that in my early days I had someone to put my stupid questions to, even though there was no internet to hide behind in those days !!

3. stormchaser

stormchaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    hi
    if you have windows xp try out,windows moviemaker 2,its excellent and simple and easy to use

4. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. neekey

neekey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I also wanted some easy to use movie maker software as a I am just about to order a Panny NVDS65. I was impressed with the Papajohn site, lots of good info.
    Will let you know how I get on
    Neekey

6. wakefield123

wakefield123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    go and get digital video made easy magazine from your newsagent beginners guide inside plus dvd with tutorials and softwarwe to try out great value for 4.99 its a must.

7. neekey

neekey
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the advice will get a copy asap, am just about to fit a 120gig sata h/d, I have a p4 2.66, 512mb of 3700 mem and a new Msi 865 mobo.

All this should make for good editing and storeage of film.

Neekey

8. Anchovy Front

Anchovy Front

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    First chance I've had to check in since posting, so thanks a lot for the replies. I can see that I have to go slowly, one step at a time and break it down.

First things first and I can say that I have used my camcorder for the first time on a weekend away in Cordoba with fifteen friends, annoying all of them intensely at first until they got used to the budding Steven Spielberg in their midst.

After transferring 60 minutes of it straight onto a normal VHS tape and letting others view it raw, as it were, I am quite pleased with the outcome and the challenge now is to get the kit and software I need and hopefully one day in the not too distant future I'll be able to report back to you chaps and say proudly that I have achieved the aim of my original posting.:D

Thanks again!

9. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good luck in your endeavors. I'm sure that all of us on this forum have struggled as beginners in the world of video editing. It's been a long slow process for me, especially learning to use editing
    software that can be complex, but pleasing to the eye when done
    right.
    I've made several dvds of my home movies, but the final dvd was not created on my pc. I edited some of my recent home movies on
    my pc, but after I did, I fed the footage back onto my camcorder and then downloaded it onto my Panasonic HS-2 dvd recorder, and burned the dvd there.
    If you have anymore questions about making your dvd, let us know. I'm sure you'll be able to get some tips on how to get started.

Tunesman.