1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy from PC to standard VHS??

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Making Forum' started by Goatee, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Goatee

Goatee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there :)

I'm finally starting to edit the hours of footage I've captured on my Sony TRV25E, but I've become a little stuck when wanting to copy my creations to VHS.

I initially tried to play my videos through my TV by using the the S-Video connection from my Geforce 4 Ti4600 to my TV and then recording from that channel. However, this doesn't appear to be possible as the S-Vid connection on my TV is aka AV3, but my VHS can only record from AV1 or AV2. Does that make sense?

Anyway, I'm assuming I need to connect my VHS directly to my PC somehow. So, can I get a cable that is S-VHS - Scart? I could then use this along with the audio connections from my soundcard and it should work. Right???

Any help would be much appreciated :)

While I am here.... What do you guys think of the Sony TRV25E?

Cheers

2. ehowland

ehowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same graphics card as you and you can get an SVHS - scart lead, providing a scart input on your VCR takes an SVHS signal, otherwise you will just get a black and white picture.

The problem I am having, (I am trying to copy from the computer using Premiere 4.2 to a SVHS video) is that I can only get a picture in part of the TV screen. Even when I move the picture on screen, it will not go to the edge of the TV screen.

Will let u know if I have any luck and I would be interested to know if you have any luck.

3. sweetmate

sweetmate

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Doesnt the Sony have DV-in? If not can you get it enabled? That way you can send the final video back to DV and keep it at the same quality. Then just plug your DV cam to the vhs machine and run off as many copies as you need. You also wont have to mess about with problems of overscan.

P.S. just looked up the camera on the net and it does indeed have DV-in, so that will be your best choice.

4. Goatee

Goatee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, many thanks for your replies, much appreciated :)

sweetmate, your suggestion does sound like the best option. However, it poses a slight problem when I want to transfer full length films to tape, which could be as much as 3 hours long. So while sending back to DV is the best option for home movies, I guess I will need a svhs - scart lead for transferring full films. Without an instruction manual, how do I find out if my VHS will accept an SVHS signal?

Thanks again :)

5. ehowland

ehowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi
    My graphics card came with a small adapter that turned the svhs socket into a phono plug. This could then be connected to any scart socket via a scart to phono lead.

What video are you useing? If it is an SVHS video, then one of the scarts usually takes an SVHS signal. This is switched via a switch on the back or through the menu function depending on the make.

I will be interested to know how you get on as I am struggling to get a full sized picture on the TV. Lowering the resolution nearly fills the screen, but I get a black border all around the edge!!

6. ehowland

ehowland

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0