• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to copy from mini DV cassette to apple software

hkdane

Hi all,

I have loads of min DV cassettes from the time my panasonic camcorder used to work...now it is broken and I need to find a way to transfer to my hard drive so that I can archive as well as edit on apple i-movie.

One option may be to buy a second hand mini dv cassette camcorder again..(which hopefully this time works with apple software), otherwise I was wondering if there is an alternative solution...or perhaps tape to disc converter i could use???

welcome any ideas.

thanks

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
If you want the full quality you need a DV camcorder and a computer with a working IEE1394 (Firewire) port. Whether its a MAC or a PC doesn't matter. Once on a hard disk you can transfer the files from a PC to a Mac and vice versa.

M Stewart

This was my problem about 7 months ago when the Firewire terminal failed on an older camcorder. Instead of having it repaired for around £250, I found a used basic Sony Mini DV on the LCE website, and it does the job. There's several on offer there at the moment.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom