How to copy a DVD-RAM disc to a DVD-R disc

Coz

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there a program I can buy that allows me to copy DVD-RAM discs to DVD-R discs?

What problem do you run into using whatever you use for your normal DVD-R burning?

If you're just looking for a one click solution then I'd try the free burning programs first such as ImgBurn, CDBurnerXP and InfraRecorder.

I tried it a few years back with no luck. So I asked about it on a forum and they said it could not be done because DVD-RAM recordings are not recorded in the DVD-Video or DVD+VR format and I would need to extract the recordings and create a DVD-Video project either manually or using software that understands the DVD-RAM format. And a load of other stuff that I didn't understand. What's the easiest way to do it. I have a program called VideoReDoTVSuiteV4. Would that work?

Are you trying to merely copy data, or are you trying to create DVD-Video discs i.e. discs that are likely to be playable on conventional DVD players?

I want to copy them to be playable on a DVD player.

In that case you will need a DVD-authoring tool. The file format and contents of a playable DVD-Video disc are quite different to simple mpeg data files.

I use Corel VideoStudio myself, but there are others. Corel is an editor with an inbuilt authoring tool. What sets it apart from many other tools (editors primarily) is that it doesn't neccessarily force the data to be re-encoded (which is ALWAYS a lossy and slow process). If it encounters compatible data and it will fit the target disc, it just copies the existing data into the new file (for edits) and/or the neccessary file structure (for mastering).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom