1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to copy a Barco memory block

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Roland @ B4, Nov 27, 2001.

1. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I guess I should start a dear Barco page.
    This is in the maual but when it gets converted from Flemglish to English something gets lost.

Lets assume you have a good setup that has all the picture elements that you like and is well converged. We'll call this the GOOD BLOCK .

PAL HDTV suddenly comes on line and you plug the player in and the picture is the wrong shape and badly converged. Lets call this the BAD BLOCK .

Select the Good Block. Go into sevice menu and select copy a block. In this menu you will see the active block number displayed at the bottom. Write this down because you'll need it later. Do not press enter at this point. Exit right out. (ADJ should do it in one press)

Now select the Bad block and do the same, go to copy block menu. This time use the arrow key to find the active block you wrote down (you did write it down didn't you?) highlight the block number then press enter. You get a warning asking if you are sure. then snap the picture should come alive.

The Blanking settings are not coppied so you may have to reset those. If the image is off to one side use H Phase rather than Raster shift.

The above will work for all sources, so if you have a good component set up you can copy it s-video etc. But it is probably most usefull to HCPC users.

It will work to an extent on any source but if you are going from extreems of scan rates say Video to XGA expect some strange results.

Nic I hope that helps.

2. NickBull

NickBull

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes thanks Roland. I think I can manage it now. Just don't want to mess things up now it's looking so good.

Just to clear a related point up, does the projector allocate a new block if you change refresh rates or resolutions?

It might be a good idea to download the manual too. Save me bothering you all the time!

Thanks

Nick

3. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Each time a source with a different Horizontal and or Vertical timing is introduced then a new block is created. But only after a picture adjustment Contast/brightness/geometry etc is made is it saved.

4. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,194
    Roland,

Why not do a Barco FAQ added to this forum for all Barco owners,obviously you will have no time to yourself at all but it would be useful.:devil: :D

5. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Sorry to drag this up (although it's still relevent I suppose)
    Are memory blocks stored per input or per projector?

i.e. if I wanted to connect a new HCPC for testing and plugged it into the DSUB (currently using the BNCs) on the barco 808 with exactly the same powerstrip timings, will it
    a) all look fine
    b) need a block copying
    c) need setting up from scratch

Thanks
    Alex

6. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Dont use the port 3 dsub unless you have to it goes through too many connectors and does not have the bandwidth to cope with too much.
    but to answer your question
    The answer should be = A
    but you may have to use B if there are other source stored for port three.

7. tryingtimes

tryingtimes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Thanks for that Roland
    I avoided it at your reccommendation :)
    Bought another vga-rgbhv lead instead.

Good to see you yesterday at Guildford.
    A great weekend was had by all :)

Cheers