1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to cope with auto-resizing

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by davee, Sep 9, 2005.

1. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    How do you guys with fixed screens cope with auto resizing when you have a 16:9 screen. In particular dvds that have a variety of trailors featuring films that can be all sorts of ratios means that the pj is constantly resizing the image to suit the info encoded on the dvd. :rolleyes: Once the main feature gets going obviously all then settles down. At present I'm projecting onto the wall before deciding on the screen and size but curious to know how others deal with this...

2. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I never look at trailers/adverts etc., just have the main feature start. Easily done with a HCPC.

Digital PJs are at their best after running for a while, 10 or 15 mins usually. Just enough time to get the popcorn & drinks ready :) .

:smoke:

3. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    i leave it on 16:9 and just put up with the rest. Autosize doesn't seem to work very well on mine, it gets confused and sometimes it's the film that looses out.

4. davee

davee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    There must be a more practical solution, not everything is in16:9 anyway :mad:

5. 0B1-1

0B1-1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    it's no different to watching on a 16x9 TV. You just have a 16x9 projection screen and the PJ will transmit either a 16x9 image with no black bars, or a 1.85:1 or 2.35:1 image etc with black bars at the top or bottom to compensate.