How to convert to VGA?

cHk4

Banned
This is from my other thread I have been recomended to come here!

---
I have not got a Wii yet. But when I do will I be able to have it connected to my computer monitor and the sound in to my hi fi ? I do this with my 360 and would only really like to run the Wii through my Computer Monitor ( VGA thing ) Can I do this with the Wii ?
Thanks
---
Basicaly I know nothing to do with cables or any think like that.
Some one replied with
---
It depends what connections you have on your computer monitor. If you only have a VGA socket it may be tricky, as there's isn't a VGA lead out for the Wii. You could try getting the much sought after component leads and then some sort of component -> VGA converter, but these could be expensive.
---

I only have VGA on my monitor :(

So what can I do! and how much is this going to cost me as the guy did a search and found one for £150!

Thanks in advance :smashin:

PeteD64

There are a couple of boxes on this page that will convert RGB scart or component video to VGA depending what your wii outputs. Looks like they will also allow you to connect Xbox 360 by VGA at the same time. They are quite expensive (£125 & £149) & the resolution is limited to 1024x768 which is pretty low by today's PC monitor standards.

I did spot some other cheaper boxes (Avermedia TVbox) that are TV tuners that can output to VGA & can connect other devices as well but looks like you are limited to composite & s-video which will be poorer quality than RGB scart.

There are probably some more boxes around if you do a search. Other than that you could look for a new monitor that has at least VGA & component connections (assuming you can get a wii component cable) or don't buy a wii!

Updated...

Just found this box as well. Component & VGA inputs & outputs to VGA at 1280x1024.

cHk4

Banned
There are a couple of boxes on this page that will convert RGB scart or component video to VGA depending what your wii outputs. Looks like they will also allow you to connect Xbox 360 by VGA at the same time. They are quite expensive (£125 & £149) & the resolution is limited to 1024x768 which is pretty low by today's PC monitor standards.

I did spot some other cheaper boxes (Avermedia TVbox) that are TV tuners that can output to VGA & can connect other devices as well but looks like you are limited to composite & s-video which will be poorer quality than RGB scart.

There are probably some more boxes around if you do a search. Other than that you could look for a new monitor that has at least VGA & component connections (assuming you can get a wii component cable) or don't buy a wii!

Updated...

Just found this box as well. Component & VGA inputs & outputs to VGA at 1280x1024.

Brilliant mate, thanks alot :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom