How to control spdif volume with Panasonic remote

fobos8

Novice Member
Hi guys
My TV is a TX-P50GT50B and my sound system is non Panasonic. I connect to my sound sytem via the spdif output from the TV.

I'd really like to control the volume of the spdif output/sound system with the Panasonic remote but just cannot find a way. Can anyone offer some idea on how to do this. I don't think Viera link will work as my sound system isn't Panasonic.

I cannot find any option in SOUND in the menu to turn off the TV speakers. I've run out of ideas! please help.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards, Andrew

Clem_Dye

Distinguished Member
The sp/dif output is not controllable via the TV’s remote, at least, that’s how it’s always worked for me. Use the TV’s remote to set the TV speaker volume to 0 and the controls on the ancillary kit to set the volume to a level that suits. The internal TV speakers won’t mute unless you use an HDMI connection to ARC-enabled kit.

noiseboy72

Distinguished Member
Get yourself a One for All remote that can be programmed and just map the amplifier remote to the TV volume buttons. Easy to do and will solve your problem at a stroke.

fobos8

Novice Member
Get yourself a One for All remote that can be programmed and just map the amplifier remote to the TV volume buttons. Easy to do and will solve your problem at a stroke.
Thanks noisboy72, your right. What decent options are there now for this type of remote now that Logitech have pulled out?
I just need a remote, not interested in Amazon tv.

Kind regards Andrew

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom