Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

How to connect

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Phibot, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Phibot

Phibot

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I have a YAMA AMP and a Panni Projector and have just received my Vid card to go into my HTPC

The Vid card is an X800 Pro and has S-video, DVI-I and a VGA output

I would like to connect the VGA to a 17" monitor so I can view general TV but when I want to watch movies can bring in my projector.

The question is this:-

I want to send my signal from the Vid card to my Amp which supports the following inputs:-
    S-Video
    Component
    Composite

The Amp will then convert either of the above inputs to Component which I will then take directly to my projector

So do I jsut use the S-video or should I use the DVI-I and convert this to componet prior to connecting to the Amp, is this possible and what will give me the best solution.

many thanks

Ps the reason I want to go through amp is I will also be connecting my TV/VCR to the AMP and may want to put this through the projector .

Hope you can understand all this its hard to explain... never mind physically acheive it!!

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,080
    Phibot

If you projector has a DVI Input I'd connect the Graphics card directly to this Input.

If your projector doesn't have DVI but does have VGA then I'd suggest you add a 1:2 VGA Distribution amp and send VGA to both your 17" monitor and your Projector.

I'd run a second analogue YUV cable to the projector from your AV Receiver to cater for all of your analogue signals.

Taking the output from your graphics card as Composite, S-Video or RGB Component (via DVI) and then converting to YUV in your AV Receiver will look terrible.

Best regards

Joe