How to connect up to the AVR1910

DCTim

Standard Member
Hi guys.

First post, woop woop!

I'm also an AV "noob", but have just purchased an AVR1910 and am setting about connecting it up and could use a little help and confirmation of whether I've done things correctly.

I'm going to plug in my TV (Samsung LE32B450), Xbox 360, and eventually a blu-ray player. I also have a KEF PSW2010 sub.

My 360 is an older one without an HDMI port. I've run an optical from there to the opt-2(DVR) and the TV into opt-1(TV). The component cables are currently running direct to the TV. I hope I've done this right.

My main problem is the sub. the AVR1910 has 1 sub pre-out and the sub has a left and right line in and the same for high pass. I'm unsure which way to hook this up. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks
Tim

Tjeerd

Standard Member
Does your TV has HDMI in?
If so than I would connect the xbox into the amp using the component, and from the amp a HMDI cable to the TV. You can use the upscaling feature from the amp to get a better picture.
Leave the two optical cables in place for the audio.

The subwoofer is not that difficult to connect, using an subwoofer cable from sub out on the amp to the line in on the sub, L or R doesn't matter.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the 1910 as much as I do.

DCTim

Standard Member
Cheers dude. I've hooked up the 360 like that. Just need to use the "dvd" setting to get the picture.

I've got a stereo phono wire wunning from the amp to the sub. I cant get any sound out of it though.

Tjeerd

Standard Member
Tim,
For the sub you will need a proper coax subwoofer cable, you can not use a normal phone sterero (red+white type of lead).
Those sub woofer leads are as far as I know always a single cable, that is why the amp only has one sub out.

If you go to one of the sponsored links here you will be able to find a sub woofer cable.

Succes!!

DCTim

Standard Member
I see. I'm going to Richer Sounds tomorrow so I'll pick one up when I'm there.

Thanks for your help. Hopefully Tomorrow I'll be a happy bunny

DCTim

Standard Member
Right. Bought my subwoofer lead, and everything is hooked up.

I've got no sound from my 360 and nothing from the sub at all.

DCTim

Standard Member
I now have sound from the 360. I have the component and optical plugged into the respective DVR ports on the amp, and HDMI out to the TV.

Still nothing from the sub

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom