How to connect up my projector to my ITV digital box?

jon smith

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

Thanks for everyone's help, I have now bought a Davis 450 for £450 2nd hand.

I wish to connect my Pioneer 737 and my Nokia Ondigital box.

The Pioneer is nice and easy, I can use composite or S Video.

What do I do with the Nokia box, it only has scart connections and I still want to connect it to both the TV and the ITVDigitial box (for footy maninly).

What is the best way to do this and what leads will I need?

I bought a RGB to S-Video converter and then used scart->scart to the converter and then S-Video to the projector.

Alternatively you could just get a scart to single phone and use the composite connection, not sure how bad it would look and the projector.

Hope this helps

Slingshot

Congratulations, welcome to the DL450 club! at £450 you got a great bargain!!! these things should still sell at around £1200-1500. If you see any more at that price you should definitely snap them up. To get the best from the projector you really should use a HTPC though, you will not believe the difference, turning it from a run of the mill data projector to a cinema like experience.

As for your connection problems you are probably best switching sources through an AV amp or dedicated switcher then feeding it into your PC using Dscaler.

Enjoy your 450!

Would the Davis projector be a better option for a starter in the Home Cinema world like me?.

I¬m currently looking for a budget (first time) HTPC projector and was thinking of perhaps the Sony VPL-CX1 or Infocus LP340B?

The room it will be going into has windows but is fairly dark even in the day and is about 12 foot wide by 30 feet long. Also I can get a Whiteboard very cheap 70" by 47" would this be a good start for a screen?. I also plan to hook it up to Digital Cable television either directly or via the HTPC.

Cheers

The Davis is a good way to start in Home Cinema if you can find one cheaply. I didn't like the Sony, but the Infocus has a good reputation if you need the extra brightness.

The davis has better blacks, less rainbow effect, and better screen door than the others you mention but to get the full benefit you will have to use a HTPC.

If your room is not blacked out I would say the Davis will not be bright enough and you need to put curtains or blackout material up. Try looking for Davis clones if you can't find a DL450.

Also look at the New Plus Piano if you are on a budget.

£450 !!!!

Kin Hell. What a great price... a friend of mine is going to be very jealous...

Have fun<br />Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom