How to connect to a Panasonic TH42PW4

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by Graham Thomas, Nov 5, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Graham Thomas

Graham Thomas
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all;

Over the last 2 years I have had the following;
    28" Sony IDTV *2, 41" Sony Rear Projection, 36" Sony FS70 *2, and am currently using a 32" Toshiba ZD08b.

All of the above have had poor geometry, artifacting, text problems, convergence issues, etc. etc. etc.

I have been through the pain, and just want to get the right TV for me.

I am thinking of getting a Panasonic TH42PW4, 42" Plasma, but am currently confused about what I would need to connect my current equipment; Pioneer DV737 via Component, On Digital Pace box via RGB and a JVC SVHS video via SVHS.

One retailer has told me I can just use the base spec, another that I need the video box. Panasonic told me that I need the Tupta 300b at an extra £1000.

Can anyone answer the following;
    * Is this a good Plasma TV?
    * Should I wait until the New Year when prices will be cheaper?
    * What do I need to connect my existing equipment to the TV?

Most grateful for any responses.

Thanks
    Graham

2. sirjohnofbalham

sirjohnofbalham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try www.plasmatvbuyingguide.com or the Techtronics website which might give you a few hints. I agree that the info from most dealers I have spoken to is confusing to say the least - none of them appear to know much about plasma. I'm pretty sure you will be able to connect your existing equipment within the base spec.

I haven't seen the PW4 but the PW3 is excellent - the difference between the 2 is very minor and does not affect domestic use. I doubt the price will come down much in the New Year - I've seen it for between £4,600 and £5,400 depending where you look (or £7,000 in Harrods!!). I've been offered a PW3 with stand for £4,800.

Finally, if you're in London try Visionery near Baker Street.