How to connect Techcnics AV system with Plasma TV ?

cadena

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have a LG PT85 TV and a Technics SE-CA10 audio system (see manuals attached). I am trying to see how to connect the TV to the audio system but as you can see in pg. 7 of LG manual, the only port for Audio OUT is for an optical cable as further explained in pg. 22-23 of LG manual. However, in the External Units connection in pg. 8 of Technics Manual, there is no port for an optical cable IN. Therefore can someone help me out in which way/s I can connect my TV to my audio system if any ? I would really appreciate your help.

P.D. Is my system a 5.1 home cinema since it has 5 speakers ? And if so is there a way for my TV to make use of this feature ?

Attachments

• LG_50PT85_Manual.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 202
  • Technics_SCA10__service_manual.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 60
Buy yourself a D/A convertor, an optical cable and a Stereo Phono to Phono cable.
Plug the optical cable in to the optical out on your TV and connect the other end to the optical input on the convertor. Connect the RCA Phono R/L connections on the convertor to the Ext in Phono sockets on the rear of your surround sound unit.
You won't get surround sound, you would need to buy a new surround system for that.
Amazon product ASIN B00KNNSKV0
The one above is just an example of what you need, that one requires a 5V 1A USB power supply but other slightly more expensive convertors come with a psu.

Buy yourself a D/A convertor, an optical cable and a Stereo Phono to Phono cable.
Plug the optical cable in to the optical out on your TV and connect the other end to the optical input on the convertor. Connect the RCA Phono R/L connections on the convertor to the Ext in Phono sockets on the rear of your surround sound unit.
You won't get surround sound, you would need to buy a new surround system for that.
Amazon product ASIN B00KNNSKV0
The one above is just an example of what you need, that one requires a 5V 1A USB power supply but other slightly more expensive convertors come with a psu.
Hi @JayCee, I would like to thank you for your reply. If I can't get surround sound then I will have to think about it. I was interested in getting the whole experience. Nonetheless, I might take it into account in the future if I want to use the R/L speakers.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom