• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to connect SKY HD+ to LG TV and Sony 5.1 Home Entertainement Systme?

Vaiduks

Standard Member
Sorry to bother.

I have a problem. I try to connect Sony DAV - DZ500F home cinema theater to my LG HD TV MFL41425858 via SKY HD+ box.
I managed to connect SKY HD+ to my home cinema player via AV1 but then I failed to connect the player to the TV: tried AV1 and Component Video and it would not go through.

Also, I am planing to buy a brand new LG BD570 Blue Ray Disc Player and I was just wondering if I will be able to connect my old SS TS46 Sony 5.1 Home enetertainement system to the new player...

Please help!

Thank you so much!

Sorry to bother.

I have a problem. I try to connect Sony DAV - DZ500F home cinema theater to my LG HD TV MFL41425858 via SKY HD+ box.
I managed to connect SKY HD+ to my home cinema player via AV1 but then I failed to connect the player to the TV: tried AV1 and Component Video and it would not go through.

Also, I am planing to buy a brand new LG BD570 Blue Ray Disc Player and I was just wondering if I will be able to connect my old SS TS46 Sony 5.1 Home enetertainement system to the new player...

Please help!

Thank you so much!

If your Sony DAV has an optical input, then optical cable from Sky+HD to DAV. Then HDMI cable directly from Sky+HD to TV (picture will be much better quality than using Scart).

Edit: Scrap the above your DAV doesn't have an optical in.

Last edited:

Vaiduks

Standard Member
Thanks for your reply! I guess I will need to buy the DAV-E870 and to have it all in one, so that I can also connect the SKY HD Plus to my player and then player to the TV.

P.S. If Sky is connected to the TV via HDMI, then, can I use another HDMI for DAV to HDMI 2 on TV?
P.P.S. Is the DAV-E870 Multi Regional?

Thanks a million!

If your Sony DAV has an optical input, then optical cable from Sky+HD to DAV. Then HDMI cable directly from Sky+HD to TV (picture will be much better quality than using Scart).

Edit: Scrap the above your DAV doesn't have an optical in.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom