• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to connect Samsung TV F6400 to Panasonic recorder DLNA server

5plus1

Standard Member
Please help ... I have spent already all day with this problem.

Samsung new TV F6400 not capable to find nearby DLNA server.
Did I missed something how to enable Samsung TV DLNA discovery?
There seems to be option on TV to add "trusted" devices but how?
Anyone ever connected Samsung TV to Panasonic DLNA server?

Thanks.

Details:
I have Samsung UE40F6400AKXXH updated to latest Firmware which doesn't find any nearby DLNA devices and available options are connect to PC or Smartphone - no option for DLNA server like, DLNA server on Panasonic Freeview tuner (Panasonic DMR-BWT735EB)
Windows 7 VLC player 2.1.2 doesn't have any problem to access and play recorded content of this DLNA server

richardjking

Standard Member
Any luck with this? I have just got a 32H5500 and it cannot see my Panasonic recorder (DMR-PWT530) even though my 26" Sony TV sees it OK and streams recorded content without any issues at all. Obviously Samsung are doing something weird. Which is a shame as, in all other respects, the Samsung is very good, but not being able to use the home network properly would mean that I couldn't recommend Samsung as a truly 'Smart TV'. If there is a way round this it would be great to know.

Thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom