How to connect REL T9X to LYNGDORF TDAI 3400 amp?

Nitefly1

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, can someone please guide me connect a REL T9X subwoofer to a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400?
Where do I connect the subwoofer wires to the amp? I don’t want to overload and blow my amp.

I’d really appreciate all help. Thanks

Hi, can someone please guide me connect a REL T9X subwoofer to a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400?
Where do I connect the subwoofer wires to the amp? I don’t want to overload and blow my amp.

I’d really appreciate all help. Thanks
Analogue RCA pre-out on the 3400 to RCA low level/LFE in on the T9X.

You need to set distances/crossovers etc. on the 3400 and then run room perfect. It’s all in the manual.

you can`t connect it via the high level lead it needs to be a subwoofer lead connected as DT79 says.

Analogue RCA pre-out on the 3400 to RCA low level/LFE in on the T9X.

You need to set distances/crossovers etc. on the 3400 and then run room perfect. It’s all in the manual.
Hi DT79,

Thanks for the reply.
Just to clarify, is that input marked ‘Low level Input’ or or the one marked ‘Low .1/LFE’ at the back of the REL Sub?

71706E48-7CF1-4134-8D38-23A780EB2DA7.jpeg

Yes - all explained in the Lyngdorf manual

So basically REL suggests to attach both the High level connector with ground floating AND also the RCA LFE connector together. Has any one done this?

Attachments

• 00AD7F2C-2E9A-4121-AD6E-9B2F4388DBB9.jpeg
    00AD7F2C-2E9A-4121-AD6E-9B2F4388DBB9.jpeg
    113.4 KB · Views: 75
REL's suggestion is not relevant for your scenario with a Lyngdorf TDAI 3400. Connect the subwoofer preout from the Lyngdorf to the LOW .1 / LFE as per the highlight on your photo and you're done.

and (AGAIN) read the Lyngdorf manual because it warns against using a high level connection to the sub because it can damage the amp.

WARNINGS:
Never run the TDAI-3400 in Bridge Mode with another amplifier!
Never connect speaker cables to High Level Inputs of a subwoofer!

and (AGAIN) read the Lyngdorf manual because it warns against using a high level connection to the sub because it can damage the amp.

WARNINGS:
Never run the TDAI-3400 in Bridge Mode with another amplifier!
Never connect speaker cables to High Level Inputs of a subwoofer!
Thanks Larkone. Will use the LFE connector. It’s a shame because one of the main reasons I bought the REL is because of the high level connector method.

Nitefly1 that`s the reason i got a rel t5i when i had my rega amp and it worked great but when i changed to a lyngdorf amp i was a bit worried about not being able to use the high level input but once i connected it by the lfe connection and done RP the amp inegtrated them both brilliantly.
If you connected via the speaker terminals the amp wouldn`t be able to do the RP properly as it needs control of your sub.

Nitefly1 that`s the reason i got a rel t5i when i had my rega amp and it worked great but when i changed to a lyngdorf amp i was a bit worried about not being able to use the high level input but once i connected it by the lfe connection and done RP the amp inegtrated them both brilliantly.
If you connected via the speaker terminals the amp wouldn`t be able to do the RP properly as it needs control of your sub.
Yeah, that’s the reason I got the REL as well (besides the fact I use B&W 805 D4 which REL is famous for pairing with).
Ok- so I’ll use the LFE connection and control it via the Lyngdorf.
What Lyngdorf are you using currently?

I have the 1120

Hi DT79,

Thanks for the reply.
Just to clarify, is that input marked ‘Low level Input’ or or the one marked ‘Low .1/LFE’ at the back of the REL Sub?
The regular low level input by the look of it. You need to be able to adjust the level in the sub - normally go for 1/2 way / 12 o'clock.

And turn the crossover dial all the way to the highest setting (120hz by the look of it). You want the sub's crossover out of the equation as you'll set your crossover in the 3400.

The regular low level input by the look of it. You need to be able to adjust the level in the sub - normally go for 1/2 way / 12 o'clock.

And turn the crossover dial all the way to the highest setting (120hz by the look of it). You want the sub's crossover out of the equation as you'll set your crossover in the 3400.
Thanks for this tip, DT79. I didn’t realise I have to turn up the crossover dial to max in order to set it from the 3400.
Will do as suggested!

I would advise using the .1/LFE input as it looks like that this input bypasses the internal sub crossover.

Thanks for this tip, DT79. I didn’t realise I have to turn up the crossover dial to max in order to set it from the 3400.
Will do as suggested!

I would advise using the .1/LFE input as it looks like that this input bypasses the internal sub crossover.
Steve the only reason I didn't suggest that is because the way it's depicted on the back of the sub with the box round the 'Low/.1 LFE' it doesn't look like there's a level control on that. If that's straight in to the sub's power amp, it would be too much. Admittedly though, I'm not sure, unless you know?

Nitefly - probably check what the sub's manual has to say.

Steve the only reason I didn't suggest that is because the way it's depicted on the back of the sub with the box round the 'Low/.1 LFE' it doesn't look like there's a level control on that. If that's straight in to the sub's power amp, it would be too much. Admittedly though, I'm not sure, unless you know?

Nitefly - probably check what the sub's manual has to say.

Dan -- There does seem to be a .1/LFE volume control just above the relevant input.

It's all mentioned in the user manual.

Yeah, that’s the reason I got the REL as well (besides the fact I use B&W 805 D4 which REL is famous for pairing with).
Ok- so I’ll use the LFE connection and control it via the Lyngdorf.
What Lyngdorf are you using currently?
Did you use the connector make ‘Low level input’ or the one marked ‘low .1/LFE’ to achieve this?

Dan -- There does seem to be a .1/LFE volume control just above the relevant input.

It's all mentioned in the user manual.
You're right it was because the label 'REL Theater Reference' was connected to a box that ringed only the neutrik and RCA 'Low/.1 LFE' inputs and no level control inside the box that it threw me, but if i'd looked more closely i would have seen that the level control was labelled '.1/LFE level'.

Definitely better to use that one then, i agree!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom