How to connect receiver so HDMI inputs are mapped correctly?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by Tremolo Arm, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Tremolo Arm

Tremolo Arm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have a Panasonic plasma directly connected via 2 HDMI cables to sky hd and PS3 respectively on HDMI 1 and HDMI 2. These are also mapped on my Logitech (all in one remote). No receiver is being used.

I am soon to be upgrading to a 5.1 surround system complete with AV receiver and speakers.

I noticed that the receiver has 3 HDMI inputs but only one HDMI.

Will the remote and TV correctly map the right HDMI port to the right source?

2. Bibio

Bibio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    depending on what AV amp you get then the amp will do the switching for you.

Sky conected to HDMI,1 then out to HDMI output from the amp to TV HDMI input1

PS3 conected to HDMI,2 then out to HDMI output from the amp to TV HDMI input1

you then use the supplied remote with your amp (or program your logitech) to switch channel e.g. input 1 for sky or 2 for ps3 the amp will then send the appropriate signal to your tv via the hdmi output from the amp.

so you will need 3 hdmi cables. 1 from amp output to TV input. 1 from sky output to amp input. 1 from ps3 to output to amp input.