how to connect ps3 to lcd tv and projector with hdmi

abs

i have posted my query in other threads but have had no reply, hopefully somone on here will be able to assist.

i have my ps3 hooked up to my 1080p bravia lcd panel. the ps3 is also connected to my sony hs 60 projector via component and optical for the sound. for me to benefit from uncompressed 5.1 i believe i need to have the ps3 connected to my amp via hdmi.

how can i do this i.e leave a hdmi connection to the tv and also hdmi connection to the projector and amp (sony 7100es) to get the best sound and picture. will i need a switcher with 2 outputs, 1 to the tv and projector or is there another option? thanks in advance :thumbsup:

penno116

Novice Member
hi im not sure about the sound quality difference between the optical and HDMI, im just using optical as i dont have an HDMI amp.

If your am has amp HDMI input surely it has an HDMI output too so therefore you can run the HDMI from the PS3 to the amp then HDMI from the amp to the tv, all you need then is another HDMI lead. let your amp do all the work!!

abs

hi im not sure about the sound quality difference between the optical and HDMI, im just using optical as i dont have an HDMI amp.

If your am has amp HDMI input surely it has an HDMI output too so therefore you can run the HDMI from the PS3 to the amp then HDMI from the amp to the tv, all you need then is another HDMI lead. let your amp do all the work!!

thanks for the reply . however, my tv isn't connected to my amp. the ps3 is connected to my tv via hdmi . i am not using the amp for sound from the tv .the amp is used for sound between the ps3 and projector that is connected by component and optical lead.anyway i've been testing the sound from the ps3 via hdmi for uncompressed 5.1 pcm sound and optical bitstream and imho i found the sound from the ps3 via optical more punchier and dynamic .

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Home Cinema Sources and B&W 805 D4 Speaker Review and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom