How to connect PS3 to Denon 3806 and Infocus 5700

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by jensK, Apr 18, 2007.

Tags:
  1. jensK

jensK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I am thinking about to buy a PS3 and I was wondering how to connect it to the existing kit.

The PS3 has only a single HDMI output, which would fit into my denon 3806 (well only 1080i, lol) amp. But I am not sure about what is happening next . Currently, I am using a component lead from he amp to Infocus 5700 projector.

My question is: can I connect the ps3 via hdmi to the denon 3806 amp and feed the infocus pj with the component signal (hopefully 1080i) or do I have to make the connection from the amp to pj in hdmi?

:lease:

2. histal

histal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just for everyone searching out there:

I have an INfocus 5700 which came with the house I purchased. Great projector, but I wanted HD output. I got the HDMI-MD1 adaptor online, got an HDMI cable, got the USB-MD1 cable, and bought a $199 blu-ray player (wal-mart). Downloaded the most recent firmware on the Infocus site (v 2.3) and updated the projector with it, then hooked up the blu-ray player. Now I get 720p awesome pictures! Granted, it isn't 1080p, but I really can't tell the difference, and this way, it only cost me about $350 total to make it 720p capable. Well worth it!

"How to make an Infocus 5700 HD ready"
    "How to make an Infocus 5700 720p capable"
    "How to get hi-def from your Infocus 5700"
    "Hi-def playback Infocus 5700"

April 2009

:thumbsup: