How to connect Progresssive Scan DVD to Rear Projection TV ?

J

Jazzartist

Dear All

I am planning to buy Progressive Scan DVD player . But before that I want to know if its possible to use Progressive Scan DVD player with Analog Rear projection TV? My Tv has component out .How do I make connections from DVDplayer to Projection TV?Any advise will be much appreiciated .

Jazzartist

Hi,

I presume that your tv has component inputs rather than outputs. IF your tv can handle a progressive input then it's simply a matter of connecting the component outputs from a suitable dvd player.

You do need to check to see if your tv can accept a progressive signal (many rptvs will not).

Brian

Brian

Thanks very much for your reply . My TV have component inputs .Now where do I look to find out if this can recive Progressive signals and what do I look for. Also let me know about yopursystem and DVD choice.
Regards.

Jazzartist

Jaz,

It will probably tell you in the tv manual if it can handle a progressive signal.... or you could check with the manufacturer or your local dealer.
However, if it can't handle a progressive signal then it probably won't say anything in the manual about it. I rather suspect that's the case and your tv can't handle a progressive input (you haven't said what tv it is or how big it is). If I had a non-progressive tv at the moment, I wouldn't rush out to change it .... it's early days and I'd give it a year or so for availability to pick up. Although there is nothing to stop you picking up a progressive capable dvd player.

As far as systems are concerned, I have a front projection setup which has rgbhv inputs rather than component. My progressive dvd player is a Skyworth 1040 from Hong Kong. It has a vga output so I can feed it directly to the projector. Progressive scan is becoming cheaper and more available on dvd players, so it's likely that a decent player from the major manufacturers (Sony, Toshiba, Pioneer, Denon) will fit the bill.

Brian

Brian,

My Tv is Panasonic Projection TV model TX 43 P15 H . In the manual nothing is mentioned about Progressive scan. The TV is 50 Hz . It has compunent input connections. I am planning to bring progressive scan DVD player and try with my TV to see ifit can handle it. Meanwhile if you haveany info let me know.
You bought your DVD player from Hong Kong thats interesting its always cheaper in Singapore and Hong Kong then in Uk . The chinese are getting smarter and they are making DVDs with all the features we dream of also selling them one third of the price of Brand name products . We here in Bangladesh and in South East Asia is witnessing the Chinease Invasion on the Electronic products. The goods are cheap and with many feature and people in our country are going for them because they are also providing warrantys. But in my case I am still not prerapred to accept it and buy brand products. Look forward to your reply.

Jazzartist

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom