How to connect Panasonic SVHS VCR?

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by verabgd, Sep 22, 2005.

Tags:
  1. verabgd

verabgd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Few days ago I received new Panasonic NV SV 121 EG S-VHS ET. I bought it online in Germany because I couldn’t find this model in Belgrade (Serbia and Montenegro).

My problem is that I cannot get either video or audio on TV (as well as on PC monitor via Hauppauge PVR-350). I tried all possible connections: scart (I have 2), composite video and audio as well as S-video.

On the other hand it seems that SVHS VCR is OK. I can turn it on/off, play VHS tape (although I cannot see or hear anything), FF etc. When I tried to get Menu to adjust this and that I didn’t get anything.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance.

2. ROYOLD

ROYOLD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +297
    I thought this may be due to different TV systems in Germany and Serbia which would affect the tuner in the VCR but you both appear to use Pal B/G so that shouldn't be a problem. At least the website I checked on
    lists Yugoslavia as Pal B/G - guess they haven't caught up yet.

You would have to programme your local channels into the tuner by doing a search scan so there must be some way of accessing the menu to do this. Presume that the tuner is analogue. There is a report that most of Germany now uses digital TV or cable
    http://www.german-way.com/paltv.html

I would have expected a VHS tape to play in your new machine. One that you had previously recorded. You are switching your TV to the AV channel to view the VCR output
    I presume after connecting the vcr by scart cable to TV. You should also be able to view the menu when you do this.

3. verabgd

verabgd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you very much for your answer. It was the hardware problem although the VCR was brand new. Actually small electrical board for video output wasn't seated well. I suppose that it could happen during the transport although the service man’s opinion was that in the factory they didn't seat this board well. Anyway everything is OK now.