How to connect NAD m12 & m22 to a receiver for home theater

Whats the rest of your equipment??

Receiver: Marantz sr7015
Front speakers: B&W 804 D3
Back speakers: Monitor audio silver 2
Centre speaker: Monitor audio silver centre

The m12 appears to be a pre/dac which you wouldn’t really need with the 7015 as it’d already be used as the pre.

The m22 is a stereo power amp which you could use with the 7015 for the B&W’s. You would connect the pre outs of the front Left/Right to the power amp and then speakers to the power amp.

You would however have a slightly mismatched front end using different speakers and amplifiers.

Thank you for answering. I know the mismatch is clear, although I do not have the money to upgrade the whole system yet:// Do you think the dac in the sr7015 is good enough for the m22? That's why I was wondering if i needed the M12.

I should think it’ll do a fairly decent job maybe not quite as good as the m12 for pure critical listening but should be fine.

As Arcam_boy says you don’t necessarily require the NAD Pre amp - if you did want to integrate it then the NAD M12 has the option to set the Analogue Stereo Input to a ‘fixed’ level and use it in Home Theatre Bypass mode.

Keep you AV Sources connected to your AVR and connect the Front LR Pre Outs of the AVR to the Stereo Input on the Pre Amp, then connect the Pre amp Outs to the Power Amp Input and finally connect your Front LR Speakers to the Power Amp.

Connect you Music Sources direct to the NAD Pre amp.

You may want to have a think about how and where you connect your Sub too!

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom