• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

How to connect my youview to av amp?

DIZZ

Hi,
I have an old AV amp (MARANTZ SR4200) without HDMI/scart inputs and Im getting a new YouView box.
At the moment I have a Humax PVR and I use the rca audio from that to the av amp and the scart to the TV.

Now I see the YouView has no rca audio outputs so what's the best way to connect this up?

I know I'm going to have to upgrade the av amp soon, just now isn't a good time :)

thanks.

Gavtech

Administrator
Hi,
I have an old AV amp (MARANTZ SR4200) without HDMI/scart inputs and Im getting a new YouView box.
At the moment I have a Humax PVR and I use the rca audio from that to the av amp and the scart to the TV.

Now I see the YouView has no rca audio outputs so what's the best way to connect this up?

I know I'm going to have to upgrade the av amp soon, just now isn't a good time :)

thanks.

You require a digital to analogue converter so search around for that.

Here is an example of the sort of thing.

Gavtech

Administrator
Presuming it has a scart socket on the back, all you need is a scart-rca converter like this one:

Scarts are fast disappearing from boxes, but I see that the two Youview boxes I am aware of do have scarts, so your suggestion would be a better solution.

Dizz - which Youview box are you getting? ... because the Humax youview box does have RCA phono outputs too.

DIZZ

Box came today, it's a Huaweli (no RCA)

I already have a scart to RCA adaptor so as long as both the HDMI and the scart output at the same time and one doesn't knock out the other then it should work.

Had to update the router tonight so it had the right settings for the YouView, bloody thing reset itself back to factory settings and also got a dodgy down load at the same time and had to start from scratch took me hours but its ok now.

I will hook up the YouView on Thursday and let you know how I get on.

DIZZ

Ok so an update...

Found that my TV (Pannasonic plasma) has a RCA output that I had forgotten about so I connected the YouView with a HDMI cable as I guess this is a better connection quality wise than the Scart option?

All works fine and I'm now trying to get to grips with all the new features.

thanks for all your help.

Gavtech

Administrator
...so I connected the YouView with a HDMI cable as I guess this is a better connection quality wise than the Scart option?

HDMI is necessary to be able to get HD resolution... That will not pass through scart - so yes, it is the right connection to use.

Good luck with your machine.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom