how to connect my speakers?

emadf

Novice Member
Reaction score
hey guys,

i have a single pair of focal 716 for music and a focal dome 5.1 channel for movie with my Rx-A1030

but i don't know how i can make them separate?

i want to use focal 716 when i want listen music and for seeing movies use dome 5.1, while both connected, is it possible? is it Practicable with zone 2? how to connect speakers?

From recollection that's exactly what zone 2 is for!

Use Zone 1 for your AV system and zone 2 for the stereo speakers. Just wire the speakers as normally to zone 2 and flick between zones when you're listening to music or watching films

I maybe completely wrong but common sense is telling me that's along the right lines :)

thanks applenoob, but the zone 2 has just one input for speakers, how i can connect pair of speaker to that?

ZOne 2 speaker connections have TWO (1xLeft/1xRight) speaker terminals.

I would make two other suggestions.

1.) Simply replace the Domes on the Front Left/Right channels with the Focal 706 permanently.

2.) Use a speakers switch. Something like the Beresford TC-7220 -

BERESFORD TC-7220 2-way Amp/Speaker Router

Though the simplest things is to try the Zone-2 and see if you can make it work the way you need it to work. The price is free, so you really have nothing to lose.

Steve/bluewizard

ZOne 2 speaker connections have TWO (1xLeft/1xRight) speaker terminals.

I would make two other suggestions.

1.) Simply replace the Domes on the Front Left/Right channels with the Focal 706 permanently.

2.) Use a speakers switch. Something like the Beresford TC-7220 -

BERESFORD DAC

Though the simplest things is to try the Zone-2 and see if you can make it work the way you need it to work. The price is free, so you really have nothing to lose.

Steve/bluewizard

As above as well!

Seems this poster isn't called Wizard for fun ;)

Steve/bluewizard
thanks a lot it really helps me

i made a mistake about no. of inputs of zone 2. as i attached a file, zone 2 has a pair of input for speakers, and as yamaha user manuals says, i connected the focal 716s to the connection named zone2/F.presence/bi-amp and 5.1 channel dome to front, surround, center and woofer, and setup the sound from the menu to the 7.1 channel+1 zone (according to the user manual)
but when i change the zone to zone 2, sound goes out from dome and the focals :(

how can i get the sound just from the focals?

Attachments

• RX-A1030.jpg
    RX-A1030.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 32
I can't say with any certainty, but I think you have to assign an input to Zone-2, you have to name your source.

Steve/bluewizard

Zone 2 will only work with analogue inputs. So anything connected via HDMi, optical or coaxial can not be played exclusively via zone 2. I believe your amp has a party mode which allows it to play digital sources on zone 2 but you also have to play the same source from the main zone as well so you in effect have both zones playing at the same time.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom