how to connect my kdl32v2000 to a pc

formula400

Prominent Member
Reaction score
right when i connect my tv to the pc i get unsupported signal adjust your pc output, what does that mean???? i am using Belkin VGA/SVGA Monitor cable.

any help please

It is telling you to change the resolution of your PC's graphics output to one that the TV supports and can synchronise with or actually display.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

formula400 said:
right when i connect my tv to the pc i get unsupported signal adjust your pc output, what does that mean???? i am using Belkin VGA/SVGA Monitor cable.
It is your graphics settings not the cable. Check the manual, you need to use one of the supported resolutions and refresh rates.

(with the Sony you will be able to get 1:1 mapping at 1360*768 but will need to disable EDID, which if you have an ATI card can be done through the catalyst app)

btw are you sure the machine is booting? I get this message during booting until windows appears

sorry you have lost me, its 1152x846 now, what do i change it to????

my card is a Radeon 9200 if that helps

also the pc was on i just unplug the pc screen and plug the tv in, do i need to restart the pc??

Right click on the desk top, go to properties, go to the settings tab and change the screen resolution using the slider. If you have to cahnge the refresh rate, you will probably have to click on the advancced button and find it in there.

This is based on Windows XP btw

Shaz

On page 37 of the manual, it gives you a list of supported resolutions.

Here's a pic:

Attachments

• res.jpg
    res.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 145
formula400 said:
sorry you have lost me, its 1152x846 now, what do i change it to????

my card is a Radeon 9200 if that helps

also the pc was on i just unplug the pc screen and plug the tv in, do i need to restart the pc??
Do you have catalyst installed (you will have an ATI logo in your system tray)

If not I suggest you head over to http://www.ati.com to download it as it will enable you to turn off EDID which will get you 1:1 mapping.

You can set the res manually in windows as others have said, just need to make sure the refresh rate is 60Hz.

Go for 1360x768 and untick EDID and you will get amazing desktop picture on your nice TV :D

Attachments

• Res.jpg
    Res.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 105
  • EDID.jpg
    EDID.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 129
jameson_uk said:
Do you have catalyst installed (you will have an ATI logo in your system tray)

If not I suggest you head over to http://www.ati.com to download it as it will enable you to turn off EDID which will get you 1:1 mapping.

You can set the res manually in windows as others have said, just need to make sure the refresh rate is 60Hz.

Go for 1360x768 and untick EDID and you will get amazing desktop picture on your nice TV :D

hello ive got the ati thing there but where can i untick edid??

so once unticked i can change the screen res on the pc???? then plug the tv in????

formula400 said:
hello ive got the ati thing there but where can i untick edid??

so once unticked i can change the screen res on the pc???? then plug the tv in????
You do not need to untick it to get it to work but I found that with my Radeon 9600 I only got 1:1 with it unticked.

Just change the res first so that it displays on TV then try and sort out the EDID. See the attachments above for where to do this within catalyst

ok i`ve got the pc to show up on the tv but its small on the tv and there are black line all around it at 800x600 is that because my card can`t do anything else????
how do i get a WXGA signal to get the screen res of 1360x768
cheers.

I have the radeon 9200 card in my laptop and have the sony 32v2000. I use a program called powerstrip to match the tv resolution. Currently use 1360 x 768. Haven't has the EDID problem as suggested above.
Powerstrip is quick and easy to use. If you still have problems I suggest to use powerstrip.

Andy

rattlesnake said:
I have the radeon 9200 card in my laptop and have the sony 32v2000. I use a program called powerstrip to match the tv resolution. Currently use 1360 x 768. Haven't has the EDID problem as suggested above.
Powerstrip is quick and easy to use. If you still have problems I suggest to use powerstrip.

Andy

how does powerstrip work, how do i set it up to allow my tv to work on the higher res????

rattlesnake said:
Are you sure? I had my Radeon 9600 at 1360x768 and was getting a fairly decent pictire but I noticed I was getting overscan (it did not quite fit on the screen).

check out http://www.eirikso.com/2006/04/06/perfect-adjustment-of-your-lcd/
and download the picture there. you will be able to tell immediately if you are getting 1:1 pixel mapping or not. Once I turned off EDID I was getting a very slightly better picture (with it on, the TV was doing some processing and every so often a letter would not look quite right)

rattlesnake said:
Should not need powerstrip with a 9200, it should do 1360x768 out the box.

What is windows showing as your monitor?? It may be that it still thinks it plugged into a PC monitor that does not do widescreen and hence no WXGA.

jameson_uk said:
Are you sure? I had my Radeon 9600 at 1360x768 and was getting a fairly decent pictire but I noticed I was getting overscan (it did not quite fit on the screen).

but when i set my pc to that res and then connect the tv i nget the unsupported sigal message.

so how do i get it to display 1280x768 on wxga???????????:lease:

formula400 said:
but when i set my pc to that res and then connect the tv i nget the unsupported sigal message.

so how do i get it to display 1280x768 on wxga???????????:lease:
Have you set the refresh rate to 60Hz? 1360x768 @ 60Hz via Radeon 9200 into the 32v2000 def works, I tried it last night with another machine I have...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom