how to connect my fujitsu siemens amilo li1718 to my analogue television?

and2209rew

Standard Member
Reaction score
how to connect my fujitsu siemens amilo li1718 to my analogue television?
I am trying to find out if it is possible to connect my laptop to my tv.I cannot afford to buy a new digital tv at the minute so i would appreciate it if someone could give me some advice on the matter.My laptop does not have an s-video output it just has the 15 point vga output and as my tv is analogue it only has the rca output (red,white,and yellow) and jack for headphones.Is there a cable or other sort of equipment out there that i could buy to make this happen?Please help me.Thanks Andrew

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
hi thanks for the reply my tv does not have a s-video input so i dont think that would work.i dont know how the converter works,what inputs would the tv need?im getting quite confused now so if you could explain it in laymans terms would be great.thanks.andrew

Connect the PC using the VGA cable to the convertor.
Connected the yellow phono/RCA socket on the convertor to the yellow phono socket on the TV.
Connect the 3.5mm lineout/headphone out from the PC to a 3.5mm to 2 phono audio lead and connect the red and white phono jacks on the other end to the same colour on the TV.
Then providing your PC resolution and refresh rate is set within the limits of the convertor and the TV can support the output (see the user reviews on that Amazon page) you'll have a picture of the desktop - downscaled and blurred to the resolution of the TV with sound.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom