1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to connect freeview to tv

Discussion in 'Freeview & YouView' started by john R1, Jul 10, 2005.

1. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    whats the best way to connect my boys freeview box to his tv freeview has 2 x scart his tv has 3 scart, needs to connect video recorder freeview box and playstation 2

2. NX3

NX3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +332
    Well hopefully your running the PS2 via a proper RGB wired scart cable, as that will give the PS2 the best picture quality. I would assume thats plugged in AV1 on the tv, assuming its a RGB scart socket. As the TV have 3, hopefully one of the other scarts sockets is RGB wired as well. So you can run the freeview box in RGB mode to the tv, again for best picture quality.

The Freeview box two scarts, one is labels tv and one vcr, use the tv one with a proper rgb cable.

If the tv doesn't do more than one RGB scart use s-video for the freeview box imo and if your FV box does s-video.

Tell us a bit more about what make / model your equipment is :)

3. john R1

john R1
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the tv is a 28" toshiba only i scart is rgb it does have a component in sockets as well as the 3 scarts, the video is also a toshiba which also has 2 scart sockets, forgot to mention also has a dvd player to plug in as well unfortunatly no component out on the dvd player, the freeview box is a sagem id64 as i said before this also has 2 scart sockets ps2 has been plugged in via scart, the rgb scart was being used for the dvd player