How to connect equipment

Satch100

Standard Member
Hi. I'm about to receive some new equipment but am unsure how best to connect it all together! Getting a Samsung LE32N73BDX tv and Sony RDRHD860 DVD/HDD recorder with HDMI out. Both have built in Freeview tuners.I have a Pioneer VSX-C301 A/V receiver (4 SCART sockets, Coax and optical audio inputs). I want to be able to achieve the following.
Watch TV from the Sony unit with Pro-logic sound from the Pioneer
Watch TV from the Samsung tuner (with Pro-logic) and record a different Freeview channel on the Sony.
Watch DVD from the Sony with 5.1 sound
Maybe transfer some VHS recordings to DVD

How do I achieve this?

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Hi. I'm about to receive some new equipment but am unsure how best to connect it all together! Getting a Samsung LE32N73BDX tv and Sony RDRHD860 DVD/HDD recorder with HDMI out. Both have built in Freeview tuners.I have a Pioneer VSX-C301 A/V receiver (4 SCART sockets, Coax and optical audio inputs). I want to be able to achieve the following.
Watch TV from the Sony unit with Pro-logic sound from the Pioneer
Watch TV from the Samsung tuner (with Pro-logic) and record a different Freeview channel on the Sony.
Watch DVD from the Sony with 5.1 sound
Maybe transfer some VHS recordings to DVD

How do I achieve this?
Fibre from Sony unit to DVD input C301 (All Sony audio out)
Samsung Monitor out, L/R to SCART socket TV (Use Audio only SCART cable with Scart plug one end with in/out switch and switch to IN)
VHS to DVD needs a SCART cable.

Satch100

Standard Member
Thanks Andy. Presumably HDMI lead also to take advantage of the upscaling on the Sony. Or have I got the wrong idea about this feature?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom