How to connect equipment

Satch100

Standard Member
Hi. I'm about to receive some new equipment but am unsure how best to connect it all together! Getting a Samsung LE32N73BDX tv and Sony RDRHD860 DVD/HDD recorder with HDMI out. Both have built in Freeview tuners.I have a Pioneer VSX-C301 A/V receiver (4 SCART sockets, Coax and optical audio inputs). I want to be able to achieve the following.
Watch TV from the Sony unit with Pro-logic sound from the Pioneer
Watch TV from the Samsung tuner (with Pro-logic) and record a different Freeview channel on the Sony.
Watch DVD from the Sony with 5.1 sound
Maybe transfer some VHS recordings to DVD

How do I achieve this?

Andy98765

Distinguished Member
Hi. I'm about to receive some new equipment but am unsure how best to connect it all together! Getting a Samsung LE32N73BDX tv and Sony RDRHD860 DVD/HDD recorder with HDMI out. Both have built in Freeview tuners.I have a Pioneer VSX-C301 A/V receiver (4 SCART sockets, Coax and optical audio inputs). I want to be able to achieve the following.
Watch TV from the Sony unit with Pro-logic sound from the Pioneer
Watch TV from the Samsung tuner (with Pro-logic) and record a different Freeview channel on the Sony.
Watch DVD from the Sony with 5.1 sound
Maybe transfer some VHS recordings to DVD

How do I achieve this?

Fibre from Sony unit to DVD input C301 (All Sony audio out)
Samsung Monitor out, L/R to SCART socket TV (Use Audio only SCART cable with Scart plug one end with in/out switch and switch to IN)
VHS to DVD needs a SCART cable.

Satch100

Standard Member
Thanks Andy. Presumably HDMI lead also to take advantage of the upscaling on the Sony. Or have I got the wrong idea about this feature?

The latest video from AVForums

LG SP11RA Soundbar Review Coming Soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom