1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to connect dvd, sky and tv?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by mrbriggs, Jul 22, 2005.

1. mrbriggs

mrbriggs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all, I need to connect my Sony 32" tv, my philips dvdr890 dvd recorder, SKY+ and my sony davs888 (all in 1 amp thingy!).

I have 2 QED Sqart cables, digital coax audio and optical. I don't want any sound coming to the TV (The speakers are turned off at the rear), I want both the DVD recorder and the Sky+ to come on the same channel (AV1 as this is the only RGB connection) and I want the sound to come out of the same channel on the davs.

Is this possible? I currently have the sky+going directly to the tv with the dvd recorder going through the RGB pass thru on the sky box. This doesn't seem great as when I record from sky I can only monitor through the dvd and the sound is a few secs behind due to buffering I suppose? Also, the dvd sound and sky sound are on different inputs. Is there a way to get them on 1? there are 2 selections, video 1 and video 2. Video 2 has to different inputs you can use digital optical or digital coax.

Any suggestions from people with similar setups would be great!

Thanks. :lease: