How to connect DALI Ikon 6 range subwoofer to Onkyo 876

Sandy_a

Standard Member
Hi

My first post in the forum.

I just received the delivery of DALI Ikon 6 speaker package and Onkyo TX SR876 receiver. The Ikon subwoofer has three ports to its rear (red, white and a LFE) - see http://www.avland.co.uk/dali/ikonsub/ikonsubrearlrg.jpg. The sub cable I got has only one end to go into the LFE. Moreover, the Onkyo TX SR876manual (p24) [http://www.eu.onkyo.com/dl/1154794/Manual_TX-SR876_NR906_En_web.pdf does not mention anything about connecting the two other ports (read and white) in the sub. I called the shop from where I bought it. They said it is not important. Can anyone help?

Sandy_a

Standard Member
Hi - here I am again.

Just to remind again, I have DALI Ikon 6 speaker package and Onkyo TX SR876 receiver.

I connected the sub exactly how it is described in the manual. Unfortunately the sub is not picking any signal. I checked that there is power in the sub.

I went through the speaker sound testing. When it comes to the sub, I get no sound. I have a QED sub cable. When I rub the other side of the cable with something I get a sound from the sub (meaning that the cable is not faulty). But no sound from ONKYO.

What I am missing?

Badger0-0

There is something wrong with the setup or you are connected to the correct socket on the amp.
It's very easy to connect to the wrong one, I've done it myself :suicide:

I can only recommend you read and re-read the manual.

Will Scarlet

Hi - here I am again.

Just to remind again, I have DALI Ikon 6 speaker package and Onkyo TX SR876 receiver.

I connected the sub exactly how it is described in the manual. Unfortunately the sub is not picking any signal. I checked that there is power in the sub.

I went through the speaker sound testing. When it comes to the sub, I get no sound. I have a QED sub cable. When I rub the other side of the cable with something I get a sound from the sub (meaning that the cable is not faulty). But no sound from ONKYO.

What I am missing?

There are two subwoofer connections on the back of your receiver. One labelled 'Multi Ch', the other 'Pre Out'. You need to connect the subwoofer to the 'Pre Out'.:smashin:

Last edited:

Sandy_a

Standard Member
Thank you Will Scarlet. I made exactly the mistake you mentioned. Everything is fine now.The woofer makes a big difference to the sound.

Will Scarlet

Thank you Will Scarlet. I made exactly the mistake you mentioned. Everything is fine now.The woofer makes a big difference to the sound.
You are welcome. I am glad that I could be of assistance.:smashin:

Sandy_a

Standard Member
Just to remind again, I have DALI Ikon 6 speaker package, Onkyo TX SR876 receiver and Panasonic TH50PZ800B plasma TV.

Following on from the previous psots I would like to report a new report problem, this time with video (not sure if this thread is a correct one). I have connected my sky+HD box with Onkyo via HDMI and Optical cables. The sound through the optical cable is perfect. Onkyo’s video upscaling is also good – especially for non-HD channels. However, unfortunately about after 2 hours I don’t get any video from Onkyo. I just get a black screen in TV. I have to disconnect everything and restart the system to get the video. This is clearly unacceptable performance for a £1k receiver. Is it a problem with Onkyo or my settings?:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom