Question How to connect Cambridge audio TV5 V2

chrisshean

Novice Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased the Cambridge Audio TV5 V2 Soundbase. The sound is great but I have not been able to find any instructions on how to connect the unit to the TV via a cable box. I have the HDMI cable going from the Comcast cable box to the ARC input on the TV but I have no sound unless I connect the optical cable from the soundbase to the TV. My old soundbar had HDMI in and Out but the Cambridge only has one HDMI in. Is there a way to utilize the HDMI cable when a cable box is involved?

I have the smaller TV2, and instructions advised to connect via optical. You could try connecting cable box to a non arc hdmi and going arc to hdmi on the base. But optical is perfectly fine given the codecs the base can handle.

HDMI ARC require the TV and Sound system to both have an ARC enabled HDMI socket - which you connect using an HDMI cable. You then connect additional Source devices to other HDMI Inputs on the TV - now when you select say HDMI 2 on the TV the audio from that source can be relayed via the ARC connection to the ARC enabled Sound system.

HDMI ARC relies on you enabling HDMI CEC on both devices - sometimes that can cause control issues and you then want to use an Optical cable between the TV and the Sound system, which also means you can then use the ARC labelled socket on the TV for an additional external Source device.

Connectivity - assuming CEC and ARC works for you you will want:

TV ARC > Soundbase ARC
Comcast HDMI > TV HDMI 2

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom