How to connect Bose Companion 5 to Pioneer VSX 527K

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by anshul712, Sep 11, 2012.

1. anshul712

anshul712
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, hope you can help me get of this puddle.

Essentially, I own a set of Bose Companion 5 speakers.
    Recently I have been discussing AV receivers with friends and was gifted a Pioneer VSX 527K receiver.

The receiver does a 5.1 speaker setup. It also has an active subwoofer output and what looks like a left & right RCA stereo speaker outputs.

(http://www.pioneer.eu/images/products/avamplifierreceiver/pioneer/vsx-527-k-rear_large.jpg)

The problem is that the Bose speakers will only take input through USB (simulated 5.1) or stereo thorough a 3.5 mm jack.

I have been doing lots of googling but can't figure out how to connect the two.

Do I need to buy an Analog to Digital Converter (the guy at Maplin suggested this) ? If so, how can I make use of the simulated 5.1 through USB ?

Any other creative ideas ?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. Wilseus

Wilseus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Your best bet is to buy or make a stereo phono to 3.5mm jack adapter and use it to connect the Bose to the "pre outs" on the back of the amp. You won't be able to make use of the subwoofer out socket though.
    Forget about the USB thing.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012