How to connect AppleTV 3 with BenQ W1080ST projector?

kikikiki4

Novice Member
anyone can help me please?
i've got Appletv3 and was trying to connect to BenQ W1080ST projector but its said no signal -- my friend told me to get a new HDMI cable. i bought a V1.4 one but still doesnt work

( i have tried my old hdmi cable with bluray dvd player and it works fine just does not work with Apple tv )

please help :)
thanks

Last edited:

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
You didn't buy a v1.4 cable as there is no such thing. Hardware is rated 1.3 or 1.4 cables are either high speed or not. Are you going via an amp or straight to the PJ from the Apple TV? I have a similar problem with my ATV and PJ it shows when I set output to 1+2 on my amp (I have 2 HDMI out) but only when both the TV and PJ are on so not possible???? But when it's just output 2 nothing shows on PJ?? This is despite changing out put settings on the ATV to 720p 50hz (my PJ is 720p).
I am assuming as yours is 1080p it must be some sort of handshake problem on one or the other. Make sure the firmware is up to date on ATV and PJ it could be that.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom