How to connect an xbox 360 to internet through a pc

dom1234567

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
I have seen many guides on how to do this but none work for me. I just got an Optoma HD67 for Christmas and i decided to move my PC and Xbox 360 upstairs. My PC has a wireless dongle thing for my modem/router downstairs and the connection is fine, but i dont have the wireless adapter for my 360 and it seems a complete rip off for £45, whereas is i set this up properly it would be free and have better performance. I an using XP Home edition with service pack 3 ( i think, according to C:winver). I have an ethernet cable downstairs but it would not be possible to connect my Xbox to it. Whenever i try bridgeing my connections its klls internet in my PC and my 360 remains unaffected (not working either). I cant find the internet sharing thing even though im pretty connfident i am looking in the right place. Can anyone give me a step by step guide that actually works for this?
Thanks, sorry i went on a bit.

I cant find the internet sharing thing even though im pretty connfident i am looking in the right place. Can anyone give me a step by step guide that actually works for this?
Thanks,

hi,

That sharing thing your looking for is on the wireless connection. to get their first click start, control panel, network connection, right click on the wireless network connection your connected to and click properties then click on advance tab. once on advance you will see two boxes tick both of them and click ok that should do the trick. :thumbsup:

let me know if it worked.

thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom