How to connect all these boxes?

DirkGently

Standard Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a headache thinking of the best way to connect all of Scart boxes together, I'm hoping for a little advice. My TV is a Panasonic TX-28PK2 only 2 Scarts AV1 is RGB & AV2 is SVideo/Q-Link, my Video recorder is a Panasonic NV-FJ620B 2 Scarts (RGB Loopthru) AV1 is Q-Link, Freeview box is Thomson DHD4000 2 Scarts (RGB Loopthru) AV1 is RGB or CVBS AV2 is VCR pin 8 record control, DVD Player is a Pioneer DV-656A 2 Scarts (RGB Loopthru) AV1 is Video/SVideo/RGB. So far so good, but I also want to coonect up a PlayStation2 and a PC (SVideo out). If it helps, I also have a Pioneer VSX-D811S AV Amp, which currently has no video signals going through it at all, just the sound from all boxes. This is probably a really stupid question and I'm making myself look a complete ****, but at the moment I have to connect either the PC or PlayStation2 into AV3 which is on the front of the TV and annoys the hell out of me, or climb round the back of the TV and plug unplug cables, which annoys the hell out of me even more.
--
Gary

Have you considered a scart switch box, from somewhere like Argos, costs about £10. It allows you to plug upto three sources in and if the VCR is in slot 1 you can record from sources in slots 2 and 3.

VCR in 1
Freeview in 2
PS2 in 3
RGB Out to TV

When you want to play a dvd, just remove the scart out from the switch box and plug straight into the back of the DVD.

Not sure about the s-video from PC though....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom