• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Answered How to connect Active Sub to Behringer B1031A Truth Active Studio Monitors

ghcosgrove

Novice Member
Hi! This is my first question on this forum and I'm sure it won't be the last.
I have 2 active studio monitors which have RCA, 1/4 inch jack and XLR inputs for audio, however no outputs for a sub which I want to add ASAP.

I'm completely new to setting up audio systems so please help me out!

The Speakers are https://www.amazon.co.uk/Behringer-...d=1546814165&sr=8-1&keywords=behringer+B1031A

And the Subwoofer I am thinking of getting is Behringer NEKKST K10S Audiophile 10" Studio Subwoofer at Gear4music

The system is to either connect to my computer or my Numark MTPro3. Can i just get a splitter and split the XLR imput into the sub then lead the outputs from the sub up to my speakers?

Thanks again!

G

dogfonos

Prominent Member
All active/powered subwoofers designed for studio use, that I've seen, have sported RCA or XLR line-level outputs to feed a pair of active studio monitors, such as your Behringer Truth speakers.

So the signal connection goes: Computer or Numark>subwoofer>main speaker pair.

Some hifi subwoofers also have these 'direct through' connections to feed either an active speaker pair or a stereo power amplifier.

Paul7777x

Distinguished Member
All active/powered subwoofers designed for studio use, that I've seen, have sported RCA or XLR line-level outputs to feed a pair of active studio monitors, such as your Behringer Truth speakers.

So the signal connection goes: Computer or Numark>subwoofer>main speaker pair.

Some hifi subwoofers also have these 'direct through' connections to feed either an active speaker pair or a stereo power amplifier.

As the young fellow above says, the K10S has XLR pass through so two pairs of XLR cables will do the job. From the preamp, to the sub, from the sub to the speakers.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom