1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how to connect a cyberhome ad-l 528 from scratch

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by alby*, Apr 14, 2004.

1. alby*

alby*
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i'm totally new to this,so if the questions seem stupid please be gentle on me.so i've got a yamaha dsp-ax640se to which i've connected the coaxal out on the dvd to the corresponding port on the amp and the scart output to the tv, to get 6:1 is that the only cables i need? also whilst browsing cyberhomes site i have noticed firmware updates the player is over 12 months old so are they important?any advice is most appreciated.

2. Member 34135

Member 34135

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Welcome to the forums, sounds like you've got it connected up fine, the coax will carry the full digital audio stream for you and your scart will carry the video.

With firmware upgrades there is always an element of risk that you could trash the player while doing it, take a look at the description of what the upgrade does, if it adds something you can't live without then you might want to do it.

Andy.

3. alby*

alby*
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, thats put my mind at rest,